UH-OH, I DON'T THINK THE AMOXYCILLIN IS WORKING ON ME ANYMORE. . . .(

d.k

red-headed stepchild
11 Years
Feb 6, 2008
Southeast Coast of Florida
* Been on it since last Thursday-- Started getting better a bit. Now though, my ears feel plugged again and starting to get a little touchy. . . Gotta head back to the doc today, I guess. Haven't had Amoxy in, oh, 2O yrs. Never thought I might be resistant.
hmm.png

my son has had ear infections that were difficult to treat. Its may be not so much you as the bacteria causing the infection. He had a bad one once that had 3 different types. The first Dr said he was fine, the next day he was in with the head of pediatrics because I knew he wasnt.

Hope you get well soon. Maybe you need ear drops instead of medication by mouth. I hardly ever took medication by mouth when I had ear infections when I was growing up. My ENT always gave me ear drops.

* Yeah, I ran the gamut when my kids were little, had near continual sinus infections for, like, 2 years?? At one point, the doc couldn't see anything but I knew it was there when I ran a perfectly good red light with my kids in the car because the pain wasn't letting the brain do it's job. . .

* Well, they took a culture, although the doc said there was little to test, there isn't much drainage going on into the ear. Meanwhile, they up'd the dose of the amoxy and added a steroid as a booster. Depending on what the culture says, we "may" make a change. He said the eardrums do look better, less bulging, less redness. (shrug)
idunno.gif

Call your Dr. and tell him you want Ceftin500mg 16caps. 1BID until all taken. (Generic works for me) It's a 3rd generation Cephalosporin.

It's the only thing that will knock out my bi-yearly inner ear infections.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom