Uh oh, I think the cake is too small...

sparkles2307

Terd of Hurtles
11 Years
Oct 23, 2008
Northwestern Minnesota
At our office we all tkae turns baking b-day cake for each other. I made a 3-layer cake with filling and all, its really very rich and a small sliver is quite filling. But there are 35 ppl in our office, granted not all of them will be partaking of the cake (usually a 9X13 cake feeds everyone with leftovers) but this being a 3-layer 9-inch round cake it appears smaller...you get what I'm saying? So, how thin can I slice it without looking stingy? I want it to stretch for everyone... I know it can but I dont want them to get upset about the thin pieces (which will still be huge considering the layers and 2 layers of filling and all...) these kind of things give me panic attacks so I am sitting here in my office about to throw up...

Do you have any way to get a carton of ice cream? put a big spoon of ice cream beside the cake...it will be more filling... good luck..

IDK thin 3 layer slices I think would be hard to slice..

but for even 20 people I dont think it would go around..

But if its really rich people probly wont eat too much of it..

Slice it about like a cheese cake I say and get a tub of Ice cream

I may be too late but try this.

As you slice...ask this...'Big piece or little piece?'

If you are in an office full of women, most are going to say 'little piece' and then no one can complain
smile.png

Good luck!

LOL I did ask if they wanted a big piece, and everyone opted for a little piece, and even the ones who said they would be getting seconds didnt because it was, as i predicted, very rich. Theres even 3 pieces leftover for my kiddos!!!

Back
Top Bottom