Uh oh- Incubator was unplugged for 1.5 hours...

cluckcluck42

Songster
10 Years
Oct 4, 2009
Quebec
Is the hatch a goner??

The temp is now at 75 from 99.7, and humidity is at 80.

Boyfriend knocked the power off while doing something. I just went to turn the eggs and when I checked the temps my heart dropped:(

Quote:
I love you more than words can express right now. I was in a mini panic while trying to remind myself hens leave their eggs for periods of time and the chicken hasnt gone extinct yet. New mom jitters, what can I say!!

****Phew****

80% humidity is way too high, right?

Quote:
Wow, I don't hear that often.
wink.png

80 is too high. I run at 45 to 55 until day 18. Others go lower while some higher.

My bator was off once for 14 hours and I still had a good hatch.
smile.png

My wife accidently unplugged mine one nite, i woke up and my blue orp eggs wasnt being cooked and I freaked. Plugged it back and still had a great hatch. So mine was unplugged at least 7 hours while we was sleeping.

i also budged my bator cord that was plugged into an extension cord... i had plugged in the candeler and guess knocked the plug enough to disconnect it...

they went cold.. down to 70ish for about 4-5 hours.. then when i plugged it back in i watched it for a few hours because thinking the kids ahd turned the knob i turned it again so.. yeah... blah... i went to bed when i saw it sit at 101 (still air) for an hour.. woke up to 109... blah again... i candled all of htem later that next night since i had just checked them the night before, i would know if it was the heat fluctuations... all that were dancing were still dancing...

Some puppies helped mine a few times. Depending on how cold it gets you might lose an egg but so long as you don't fail to notice it overnight or all day while at work you should still have a good hatch.

Back
Top Bottom