UH-OH!

sorry if I am harsh on people who want to relocate critters. If you do, can find a rehab center or a DNR area where they allow it I commend you. Otherwise it is VERY illegal. I am just in sort of disbelief that people would relocate animals to someplace else to wreak havoc. A critter that has been trapped once will be trap smart the next time.

A critter that is trapped and relocated can infect the local denziens of LOTS of different problems.... I.E. Rabies...... coons and possums are carriers as well as bats, but most of us wont see bats, just the other two.........

Thirdly and lastly, I live on an old farm in the middle of nowhere. I get LOTS of animals dumped in front of my house and can not find home for everything that passes my way. They see my birds n quail, they are thinking a quick McNugget before finding a home. I am a product of people who think relocating is cool and OK. Try replacing 25-30 birds a year because kind hearted people want to relocate problem animals..

Had enough. Going to unsubscribe to this topic, and drop out of the predator and pests forum for quite a while. The trap and give the problem to someone else mindset is sort of getting me irked.

Last edited:
Quote:
Here is the weird thing: I have 2 dogs outside ALL the time and a horse that was out in the padock when the fox came. On the deck with us were our Australian Shepherd and our Doberman. NON of the animals showed any, I repeat, ANY signs of freaking out about the fox.

Electric fence...
smile.png

Personally, I would SSS, and not relocate- but more than likley, either choice is "illegal" in your state.

Quite the opposite is true. More than likely it is 'legal'. Like Boyd said, unless you are in the city, you can protect your livestock and pets.

It is tough, but as a small farmer I cannot suffer much loss before I and in the hole money wise. But knocking on wood every day, no predators so far.

Cheri​

Back
Top Bottom