Uhg....moral delemma

That is a great picture!!!

Keep him. Your cat is just showing him that SHE is the BOSS. She'll leave him alone once he understands not to get in her way. It's like a kitty pecking order.

What a cute little guy!
love.gif
Looks just a little darker than our crazy cat, Rusty.
big_smile.png

He is a gem! He's soooo sweet and purrrrs all the time. I can't let him sleep in my room because the purring keeps me awake!

The picture shows him darker than he actually is. I took the pic near sunset so it made his coat look a bit darker orange than he really is. He's closer to tan than orange. I believe it's orange with the dilute gene.

Thanks for the responses everyone! I suspect he's here for keeps
smile.png

This is our late Fluffy. She was a beautiful orange tabby, big poofy tail, great personality. I miss her sooooo much.
fluffy.jpg

I'd keep that kitty in a heartbeat if it were me.

You got to keep him. The dog didn't chase him away because he's meant to be at your house. Plain and simple. What is it with Orange Tabby's and purring?! So dang loud! Mine has a squeak in her "purr box". Purrrrrrrrrrrreekpurrrrrrrrrreekpurrrrrrreek It's been like that since she was a kitten, she's now going on 15. This is the cat that likes to sleep with her head on my husbands butt!
ep.gif

This is her webpage http://www.geocities.com/wolfwindspirit/Butterscotch.html

Oh I hope you keep that pretty kitty! I can't believe it climbed through your window! Maybe it was trying to escape to your house!

Love the pic! What a cute little guy.

I think that I'd have to talk to the neighbor about keeping the cat. My DD has mourned the loss of kittens and it is heartbreaking. Granted, the neighbor may not care for the animal(s) well, but they would likely not mind you keeping it if they have several others.

On the other hand there is a valid argument for keeping the cat and providing it a safe (and healthy) life that it otherwise would not have. Yes, I agree...moral dilemma.

Maybe the answer is to discuss it with the neighbor, without the child around and explain that the cat does not seem to want to leave your house and that you'd be more than willing to care for it properly i.e. neutering, vaccinations, etc. That may guilt the neighbor into letting you have it if these are things they are not willing or able to do for their animals. If they say no, the cat will likely make its way back to you anyway. Tell them that if it does, you plan to keep it- put a collar on it, take it to the vet and have it fixed and immunized and go from there. Obviously, you can't have an animal hanging around your place that could pose a health risk to your other animals.

Just my opinion- but at least I'd have a clean conscience. I think the cat has made his choice.
smile.png

Urban Coyote,
Thats a great shot.
I really like the composition.
Was that digital or film?
Did you alter it digitally?

Either way, I really like the lines. Nice job!

I took the pic with my new Canon Rebel XT Digital....great camera so far!! It was shortly after the little fella showed up at my place and he was playing outside of the horse pasture on the fence posts. I took the shot from the ground looking up so that there was not a whole lot of background clutter. The shot was taken in the evening during sunset so I used a fill flash to light up the shadows. It turned out really well!

The only enhancements I made to the image was to crop it a bit, to get the nice lines, and saturate the colours a bit so the sky is blue and the kitten is a nice orange color.

Under most circumstances I would take the little fella back asap. The thing that keeps me from doing so is that I have absolutely no respect for the neighbours at all. The kitten does not belong to a child by-the-way….she was just out looking for it, the real owner has not been looking for him.

The reason I have no respect for these people is that I’ve seen way too many of their animals die due to poor quality care. I do not think they should have any animals at all let alone many multiple cats, dogs horses etc. I saw one horse a few years back collapse in the pasture and die because they did not bother to treat the poor animals heaves (asthma). They let it outside on a broiling hot day with no water or shade in sight. I could hear the poor animal trying to breath from a hundred yards away. It was very sad L

The kids once in a while come over to visit my place. I once asked them what happened to Dutch, their dog. Their reply was “he crawled under the back porch and died a few weeks ago”. Nice….maybe a trip to the vet was in order before this?? They’ve also told me that some of their dogs will kill kittens if they can get them. Soooooo……lots of reasons I don’t want him going back there….

Anyway, that was a nice little rant for a Sunday evening! If they came looking for him I would pretty much have to hand him over. It’s not like I actually took him though, he did show up on his own and stick around. He’s outside everyday and can go back to where he came from anytime. I get the feeling he won't though.

Cheers,
Urban Coyote

Back
Top Bottom