Uhg....moral delemma

Black Feather

Songster
12 Years
Apr 20, 2007
Man, what an interesting few weeks it’s been at my place.

Pretty much out of the blue around 10:30pm when I had just turned in for bed a little kitten came climbing in through my bedroom window! He is adorable! He curled up next to me and went to sleep for the rest of the night. My big German Shepherd dog didn’t seem to mind him too much either and just looked at him as he broke into my bedroom with mild interest (some guard dog!).

I saw this kitten earlier in the day near my neighbours farm and figure he followed my sister up the lane to my place when she was out ridding.

At the moment I have two moral dilemmas!

1) Do I take him back to the neighbours who never vaccinate, de-worm, or fix their cats? They breed cats like rats and more often than not the kittens become smears on the roadway out front. I saw three killed in two weeks once
sad.png

2) My current female cat seem to hate him! She will go out of her was to attack him. My other male cat likes him and will play with him. If the kitten stays do you think my female will learn to tolerate him? He’s about 13-14 weeks old and been hanging around my place for about three weeks now. Now that they are all at my place I would hate to have to give any of them up because they can't get along.

Urban Coyote

P.S: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I have not kept the kitten locked up and has had many opportunities to go back to where he came from. I do shut him in the barn at night for his own safety....don't want him to become coyote food!

Last edited:
Your other cat will come around. I've been through this. She may never be a pal to the new kitten but she'll learn to get along with him.

Bring him back where? He's a stray that showed up to your house, right? Who knows for sure where he came from?
idunno.gif
He's yours now. You can keep him with a clear conscience.

Cute kittie! He looks like my Tigger from many years ago.

Last edited:
We had a neighbor like that a while back. Wish we had them back instead of the new ones.... Anyway, they had sooo many cats and never did a thing for them. My family rescued one very sick kitten, had to take her to the vet in the middle of the night cuz my son was so upset over the condition of this kitten. Thanks Krisrose for taking her. Krisrose had two more from this neighbor. I have one and my daughter took a couple from their mass population! We never asked them for permission either!! I say keep your adorable kitten. Your other cat will tolerate her after awhile. Your neighbor will never miss the kitten.
ya.gif

The kitten chose you to be his person.
The female will get used to having him around. If he minded her attitude you'd know.
Face it, you've been adopted!

*lol* I never knew what it was like to be 'adopted' guess I know now!

I've been lucky in the past as my Shepherd would chase any stray cats/kittens away so I was off the hook in regard to adopting this particular neighbours unwanted cats. Most of the people in the neighbourhood have adopted kittens from this place. They show up on someones doorway as scrawny, flea ridden kittens and people take them in. Another neighbour who is a friend of mine has adoped three so far!

What a shame that these people can't/won't get their cats spayed or neutered. I've seen three or four other kittens hanging around by their place as well right now. Mind you, these are the same people who let their dogs wander where ever they want and don't fix their fences until after the horses start to get out, and most of the time that's onto my property :mad:

The reason I'm a little worried is one of the neighbours kids mentioned to my friends (the ones who adopted three of their kittens) that this little fella had gone missing. I have a sinking feeling they may be looking for the kitten since he's such a distinct color from the rest of their cats. Mind you they haven't asked me if I've seen him!

I hope you keep that little cat, he's really cute. After all he did choose you, didn't he? It is a HE? Most red tabbys are. Good luck with him!

Back
Top Bottom