Uhhh We are not expecting babies! Is this fertile?

MegsEggsx

Songster
Nov 24, 2020
Australia, QLD
So I cracked open this egg to give to my dog as a treat and then noticed this little white dot in the middle of it. I know that can mean it is fertile, but I have never had fertile eggs before because we only have a 23 week old silkie boy and 7 hens and 2 little silkie girls the same age as the boy. The boy is not crowing yet so I didn’t think he would be able to fertilise eggs but is it possible? One of my hens is broody right now so if I do end up with some fertile eggs I may be able to hatch. But I still don’t know how it could’ve happened. Any answers would be great!
image.jpg
7BAC82EF-A7AB-43A9-A7E1-69AE65690C0F.jpeg
188D5568-C55B-4733-9211-176ECACC4631.jpeg

So I cracked open this egg to give to my dog as a treat and then noticed this little white dot in the middle of it. I know that can mean it is fertile, but I have never had fertile eggs before because we only have a 23 week old silkie boy and 7 hens and 2 little silkie girls the same age as the boy. The boy is not crowing yet so I didn’t think he would be able to fertilise eggs but is it possible? One of my hens is broody right now so if I do end up with some fertile eggs I may be able to hatch. But I still don’t know how it could’ve happened. Any answers would be great!View attachment 2592843View attachment 2592844View attachment 2592845
Those eggs def aren’t fertile but 20 weeks of age and he will be fertilizing them soon. But that doesn’t mean you’ll automatically have chicks - we eat our fertile eggs every day. To get chicks you’ll need one of your pullets to go broody or you’ll need to incubate. So no surprises chicks, don’t worry

Those eggs def aren’t fertile but 20 weeks of age and he will be fertilizing them soon. But that doesn’t mean you’ll automatically have chicks - we eat our fertile eggs every day. To get chicks you’ll need one of your pullets to go broody or you’ll need to incubate. So no surprises chicks, don’t worry
He is a silkie so I thought he wouldn't be fertilising until 30 weeks or so.

I know it needs a broody but that's just the thing I have one right now! That's why I was a little concerned.

Anyway, thanks! Good to know it's not fertile though!

So I cracked open this egg to give to my dog as a treat and then noticed this little white dot in the middle of it. I know that can mean it is fertile, but I have never had fertile eggs before because we only have a 23 week old silkie boy and 7 hens and 2 little silkie girls the same age as the boy. The boy is not crowing yet so I didn’t think he would be able to fertilise eggs but is it possible? One of my hens is broody right now so if I do end up with some fertile eggs I may be able to hatch. But I still don’t know how it could’ve happened. Any answers would be great!View attachment 2592843View attachment 2592844View attachment 2592845
It doesn't have a ring around it so I dont think so

Back
Top Bottom