1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

UK Chicken fans

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by KirstieJG, May 9, 2015.

1. KirstieJG

KirstieJG Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2015
    Hiya,

This is quite honestly the best chicken forum in the world.

I am in the UK and have been looking for a similar forum based here but there isnt one. Done get me wrong, there are chicken forums, they just arent a patch on this one.

So are there many other UK users on this forum? Please make yourselves known, i'd like to hear a more local accent too ;-)

2. peteccfc

peteccfc Out Of The Brooder

Hi Kirstie, I'm from wiltshire and had my chickens just two weeks! and yes this is the best forum and ive haven't found any UK as such as yet

3. KirstieJG

Feb 3, 2015
    Hi Pete,

Nice to meet you :)

What do you have chicken wise?

My dad has been keeping chickens for years but I started about a year ago. I have runner ducks too. I have just started incubating this year and I am on my fourth hatch.

I am completely hooked :)

4. peteccfc

peteccfc Out Of The Brooder

Nice to meet you too Kirstie, Ive just three chickens at the moment a speckledy, a golden speckledy and a copper star all hybrids, they free range in the back and ive got a green frog design plastic coop with a door timer. I'm completely addicted and yesterday had my first egg and felt like a proud parent!
    Got my pullets from http://www.charlottespoultry.com/ and charlotte really helpful and had a massive range of poultry, duck geese etc

5. KirstieJG

Feb 3, 2015
    Congratulations on your first egg and heres to many more!

I have two copper black marrans bought from a local small holder , a white silky and a cuckoo and white bantam which I hatched myself and five runner ducks, four of which I hatched myself!

I borrowed a friends incubator and have gone hatch mad! I have also recently, two days ago, hatched 10 chicks from some bantam eggs that my friend gave me. I have no idea what to do with them all as I cant possibly keep them, but I have been looking up small holders shows and thinking that i could set up a stall maybe.

Crazy, I know, but I never expected to hatch so many!

6. Dave C

Dave C Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2015
    Teesdale, Co Durham, UK
    Hi All, I live in Teesdale County Durham

I post on various UK sites which are good but this site has so many like minded members.

I love this site, it feeds my Meat bird breeding habit, ha.

7. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi there - i believe there is a UK thread on this site - on the "where are you" bit.

all the best
    CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by