UK Gosling Grower’s Feed and gosling weight

Chloe, I have two so i'm not sure if its any different but what I did with mine when they were younger was put them back in the brooder at bed time and say "night night, bedtime" a couple of times before switching the lights off, and then trying my very best to not come back downstairs where the brooder is unless I had to - initially it took them 20ish minutes to stop crying, maybe more, but now they don't cry at all.

I'm actually beginning to transition them to their outdoor run permanently so i'm sure I will have more to report on how that goes.

Chloe, I have two so i'm not sure if its any different but what I did with mine when they were younger was put them back in the brooder at bed time and say "night night, bedtime" a couple of times before switching the lights off, and then trying my very best to not come back downstairs where the brooder is unless I had to - initially it took them 20ish minutes to stop crying, maybe more, but now they don't cry at all.

I'm actually beginning to transition them to their outdoor run permanently so i'm sure I will have more to report on how that goes.

This is now working! So sleeping isn't an issue anymore. But any other time the gosling can't see me or I stand too far away it will cry non stop. I've tried a mirror so far but it doesn't seem to have helped. :(

It's something that will get better with time - most everyone here will tell you it's not natural for goslings to be alone so they will scream bloody murder if they can't see you. Try talking or leaving the TV or radio on...it won't be perfect but it might calm them down a little - they will always cry without you for the first couple of weeks

Back
Top Bottom