UK high protein Quail feed

Hi, thanks for your input. 👍Is it the one called quail grower 19.5% protein?

I think they do a layers pellet too. I did find another quail feed on eBay with higher protein but it's more expensive. Can't remember the brand name.

Edit.. found it Msf Quail Layers Pellets 7.5kg £23.90..

I'll stick to what they have with meal worm treats.

Last edited:
@Quagmyre How are you getting on preparing for those quail? Not long to wait now.
My hatch from Moonridge were supposed to be all Golden giants, but there are colour variants in there. They appear to be (I don't know their correct names) Standard Golden, Wild brown, Black and white speckled and pale Golden. Not sure how this will change as they get older, but nice.
View attachment 2151548View attachment 2151549View attachment 2151550View attachment 2151551

Can you post fotos of them with their plumage now?
I am so curious *blushes*

Can you post fotos of them with their plumage now?
I am so curious *blushes*
Oh! Go on then. 😁
Pics in same order. The wild brown jumped in there by itself. Disappointed that the black and white speckled had become much similar to the golden. Pale/light golden is turning out nice. It's a couple of days younger than the other. It was the last to hatch and always smaller, but catching up now. They range from 3 weeks 3 days to 3 weeks 1 day. They're outside now, but brought them back into the garage for the photo shoot.
20200602_184225.jpg
20200602_184500.jpg
20200602_184735.jpg
20200602_184031.jpg

I think they do a layers pellet too. I did find another quail feed on eBay with higher protein but it's more expensive. Can't remember the brand name.

Edit.. found it Msf Quail Layers Pellets 7.5kg £23.90..

I'll stick to what they have with meal worm treats.
Me too. I'd want them to lay golden eggs if was feeding them layers pellets at that price.
The turkey pellets I mentioned earlier are £13.35 for 20kg.

Oh nice ... was guessing that the last one would be any kinda cinnamon. Love it.

And the Pharaoh in the cup, hillarious 😂 😂 😂 👌

Thank you very much 🙂
I have a cinnamon? That's great. 😊
I was hoping to breed more of that colour. What ever it was! 😁 It's a very pretty bird and has a relaxed gentle nature. Do you think I'd have a better chance of reproducing the colour if I breed it back to a Golden or a Pharaoh? Or wouldn't it matter?

Back
Top Bottom