UK Member Please Say HI

@timon , thehatch rate was very good although fertility was only about 70%.

Timing wasn't the best I got the eggs right after the hot spell so they were on/off lay a lot and half the eggs were over a week old.

So given all that I'm happy :thumbsup

Hi I am living on the south coast near Hastings and rye
IMG_0004.JPG
but from north yorks originally, I used to breed and keep australorp bantams, org bantams
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
and various others plus various ducks, after a thirty year absence I now have a very young new flock, three fresian pulleys three french black copper marans with a French back copper cockerel see the pics

Very nice very pal :thumbsup

What's the egg colour like from the a Marans?
The guy has line bred them for years for large and dark, dark brown, they not laying yet as only just over three months old. Saw the two lines he bred from and the eggs despite being mid season were an impressive colour, the picture is of egg he let me take from one of his breeding pens
IMG_2554.JPG
, collected two weeks ago.

The guy has line bred them for years for large and dark, dark brown, they not laying yet as only just over three months old. Saw the two lines he bred from and the eggs despite being mid season were an impressive colour, the picture is of egg he let me take from one of his breeding pensView attachment 1079526 , collected two weeks ago.

Very nice :thumbsup

Looking forward to seeing how you get on with them.

Nightmare morning, let the chicks, ducklings and button quail out and two button quail flew off! I don't mean flew off a little bit I mean flew off into the sky :eek: I don't think I'll be able to find them as I seen them fly into the distance never to be seen again. I'm hoping they will fly into someone's garden and they'll return them but that'll be a miracle..

Back
Top Bottom