UK Member Please Say HI

Hi everyone. I've been here a little while but I don't think I've posted in this thread!? :)

Anyway, I'm Lee in North Wales and we have 10 ex batt's. We haven't had them long but I can't believe how quickly they've settled in and got quite pushy! Even though they have a decent size run they are always queueing up by the door trying to escape!

1605191516238.png

highly pathogenic avian influenza is a risk to all in the UK
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/avian-influenza-bird-flu#latest-situation

if you have more than 50 birds there are specific rules you need to follow, by law.
See the gov.uk website for more details.

If you do not already know the symptoms, it would be wise to research them (very good page with photos on the same site) so you can spot early signs should your flock be infected. And there is lots of good advice on how to reduce the chances of your flock catching it too.

Hello,
Sorry to randomly join this thread, I was just wondering if someone could help me.

After one of my hens died I have been left with one hen. She was never the highest in the pecking order and so I am not sure how she is going to fare on her own. I desperately don't want to give her up but I also don't want her to be miserable because I'm selfishly keeping her.

Does anyone know any good hen rehoming in the UK, preferably North West England? Alternatively does anyone who lives North West area want to adopt my lovely chicken? She is an ex barn hen, a bit shy and healthy. I'd love her to go to a proper loving home where she can live the rest of her days with some new friends. Her name is Meredith.

Thank you - sorry to hear about the rat pack. Yes you're right they're so cute. And make a lovely soothing noise - best wishes for ur next batch. Where have you purchased hatching eggs from in the past?

Sorry for such a late reply! I got them from an advert on Preloved. The lady was pretty local once we messaged so I was able to go collect the eggs.

Hello,
Sorry to randomly join this thread, I was just wondering if someone could help me.

After one of my hens died I have been left with one hen. She was never the highest in the pecking order and so I am not sure how she is going to fare on her own. I desperately don't want to give her up but I also don't want her to be miserable because I'm selfishly keeping her.

Does anyone know any good hen rehoming in the UK, preferably North West England? Alternatively does anyone who lives North West area want to adopt my lovely chicken? She is an ex barn hen, a bit shy and healthy. I'd love her to go to a proper loving home where she can live the rest of her days with some new friends. Her name is Meredith.

No need to be sorry and welcome to the thread! I hope you are able to find Meredith a home soon or have you considered getting her a couple of friends?

Thank you for the welcome!
I did think about getting her a friend but I end up in a cycle of just being left with one chicken. As much as I love them (and I really do love them) I was going to have a little break from owning them as I get quite upset when they die 😟

Hi all,
Hebe, Lily and Rose are speckled bantams residing in my Kentish garden. I have had them from around 2 months old (arriving about 10 weeks ago) so they are still 'growers'. Hopefully, they will get comfortable, keep eating well and start laying after the change of season. Will post photos....

Back
Top Bottom