UK Member Please Say HI

I too like the not working part on a weekend, at least I only have my own horses and animals to sort out! Not sure I’m looking forward to working outside all day tomorrow, we are forecast a possible 30c+ 🥵🥵🥵 It’s excellent weather though for the tortoise, he’s loving the sun 🐢

Mine seem to be managing ok, no one is panting, they have shade all day and regular water changes to keep it cool. One of my hens is losing feathers at the moment too but as you are I’m not sure why either. My hens are getting on a bit now at 8 years old so veteran squabbles are quite regular with everyone wanting to be top hen.

mine seem fine too; they know all the coolest places in the garden! One's been losing feathers a while but I think he's got feather mites (which I'm treating; success will confirm it).

mine seem fine too; they know all the coolest places in the garden! One's been losing feathers a while but I think he's got feather mites (which I'm treating; success will confirm it).
How have you been treating for mites? I've had rubbish luck with mites this year, and when I was cuddling my favourite hen, I had mites on me afterwards. I want to treat all my chickens before I have to leave on holiday.

How have you been treating for mites? I've had rubbish luck with mites this year, and when I was cuddling my favourite hen, I had mites on me afterwards. I want to treat all my chickens before I have to leave on holiday.
I use the liquid Ivermectin drops on the back of the neck (sold for use on pigeons, as not licensed for use on poultry here, but there are no food chain issues if it's used on roos or birds not laying or being eaten), retreating 7-10 days later, as it doesn't kill the eggs. It might not work on feather mites though; we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom