UK Member Please Say HI

@Rudies Roost uh you can hear the foxes mating dam are they that loud ???
I never realized they were noise like that lol
1f601.png

@Rudies Roost uh you can hear the foxes mating dam are they that loud ???
I never realized they were noise like that lol
1f601.png

Yeah. They kinda "scream"...you'd think a murder was taking place. I heard them but then there was a different noise right after, an awful noise like something being....well...nothing nice without being too blunt. I had a big run round the place and turned all the outside security lights on but it persisted...I shouted out too but it still carried on until it gradually went quiet. My neighbours will think I'm bonkers! Mine are all good...I checked already...must stop being so paranoid. Their coop is like Fort Knox!

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm Nigel from the UK and have been keeping Chickens for many years now and have acquired four runner ducks to the flock but await any eggs! I have always wanted to keep EMU so bought 4 hopefully fertile eggs and made an incubator and are now two weeks in.....

Hey there everyone another new UK member here.
1f44b.png

I am the proud owner of 12 lovely little quail after many, many years of wanting them
1f601.png

I'm so excited! Hehe

Your flock sounds amazing nigel I wish I had the space!

Hi all, I'm Nigel from the UK and have been keeping Chickens for many years now and have acquired four runner ducks to the flock but await any eggs! I have always wanted to keep EMU so bought 4 hopefully fertile eggs and made an incubator and are now two weeks in.....

Hi Nigel...welcome to the thread. Wow. Emu's, that sounds very exciting. Best of luck with the eggs. Will look forward to the pictures!

I let mine out today...wow, they were really they excited. I know I shouldn't have but boy...they've had enough. They absolutely flew up the garden as if they'd never seen it before. They were only allowed 2 hours and then I had to round them up. The ducks in particular were desperate. However, I've just popped out the back (for a sneaky ciggie, naughty I know) and I can hear the foxes mating and something was really squealing....nothing of mine, I checked, but it was not a vixen noise so I think I'll keep mine contained for a while more.....awful screeching noises...worries me. Is it fox transient time @Yorkshirecoop ?

I just asked my resident fox killer and he says yes it was more than likely them mating. They should have been paired up for a while now so they are probably now getting on with their business. I found this vid of them, was it similar? They sure do make some weird/loud noises.

[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]

Hi :welcome & the thread Nigel!

Wow on the Emu! You must have a lot of space at yours ;) Good luck with your eggs, your going to need some patience waiting for those babies to hatch!
Please do pop by the Easter Hatch a long thread as we have another on there who also has emu cooking in their incubator ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1151482/the-8th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long/0_30

Hey there everyone another new UK member here.
1f44b.png

I am the proud owner of 12 lovely little quail after many, many years of wanting them
1f601.png

I'm so excited! Hehe

Your flock sounds amazing nigel I wish I had the space!

Hi and welcome to the thread! Hope your quail are doing well?

@Yorkshirecoop Thanks for the video and for asking the expert. Yes, there was a similar noise but something was sqwaking away too..lots of chickens round here so I do hope no one is minus some this morning. I'd better keep a look out, there's acres of quiet fields behind my garden..perfect for the foxes.

How bizarre with the screaming noises here as promised is the better pictures of my swamp garden
1f3e1.png
thanks to.my lady chickens
2639.png
then they wonder why there not coming over my side!
The ducks don't cause that much carnage

Back
Top Bottom