UK Member Please Say HI

@Yorkshirecoop Thanks for the video and for asking the expert. Yes, there was a similar noise but something was sqwaking away too..lots of chickens round here so I do hope no one is minus some this morning. I'd better keep a look out, there's acres of quiet fields behind my garden..perfect for the foxes.

Mmmmm........ on the squawking :/ Maybe something was caught?

How bizarre with the screaming noises here as promised is the better pictures of my swamp garden
1f3e1.png
thanks to.my lady chickens
2639.png
then they wonder why there not coming over my side!
The ducks don't cause that much carnage

Eeeek.... that is a swamp :th

@PaulaMc hi love
1f498.png
don't know if u read a post I wrote earlier when this whole fast started i let mine stay out for a couple of reasons
1. I do not believe it s fair to keep my 5 chickens and 5 ducks contained in their coop together for long periods of time as there are to many to be locked in there for a long time the coop.was built for free range just sleeping and shelter.
2. If they was locked in there for long periods there would be a blood bath and bird flu
1f637.png
or not I would have very few birds left, to me it is cruel, I said if it became really bad ie: Very close to me I would separate them and have chickens in coop and ducks in house.
3 there feed is in a galvanised treedle so wildlife can not get it and water in coop out the way
Mine have been fine touch wood .
so for me let the poor buggers out before they get PTSD LOL
1f601.png
1f602.png
I totally agree boo. That's the decision I made with mine and it still falls within DEFRA guidelines.
As have mentioned am going to fence off half my garden over half term and use the ruddy poly tunnel cover for the roof. At least I'll get some use out of it! ha ha

Yeah. They kinda "scream"...you'd think a murder was taking place. I heard them but then there was a different noise right after, an awful noise like something being....well...nothing nice without being too blunt. I had a big run round the place and turned all the outside security lights on but it persisted...I shouted out too but it still carried on until it gradually went quiet. My neighbours will think I'm bonkers! Mine are all good...I checked already...must stop being so paranoid. Their coop is like Fort Knox!

OMG! heard a scream tonight but thought it was one of my cats fighting! Shall I leave outside lights on?

Can I ask how peeps lock/secure the pop hole please? The run out bit has a lock but I just drop the pop hole! Scared now!
yippiechickie.gif

I totally agree boo. That's the decision I made with mine and it still falls within DEFRA guidelines.
As have mentioned am going to fence off half my garden over half term and use the ruddy poly tunnel cover for the roof. At least I'll get some use out of it! ha ha
Aaaww sweetie. Can you throw a bit of straw or cardboard down? Just think though-warmer weather is due. HA HA HA XX

I've got the same problem here...I'll try get a piccie tomorrow. I have to blame my ducks though...before I owned them, my garden was never as churned up. Maybe I should cut down on the ponds for them (I spoil them by having far too many)...might mean a bit less water everywhere! Thank God I've got a lovely big pen for them all now and I can enjoy some of the garden all to my self....!

OMG!  heard a scream tonight but thought it was one of my cats fighting! Shall I leave outside lights on?

Can I ask how peeps lock/secure the pop hole please? The run out bit has a lock but I just drop the pop hole! Scared now! :yiipchick

Not sure of your set up but I would get a lock on your pop hole. I'm lucky (as you've seen with the pics I've sent you previously), my coop is within a pen and behind 2 doors...all locked. We just use bog standard bolts/keeps, nothing too convoluted ...I take no chances as the foxes are rife here, they come in daylight and at night. It could just be cats you're hearing but I'm too much of a stress head to take the risk!

Not sure of your set up but I would get a lock on your pop hole. I'm lucky (as you've seen with the pics I've sent you previously), my coop is within a pen and behind 2 doors...all locked. We just use bog standard bolts/keeps, nothing too convoluted ...I take no chances as the foxes are rife here, they come in daylight and at night. It could just be cats you're hearing but I'm too much of a stress head to take the risk!

Thanks lovely.
My coop is simply in the garden behind a five foot enclosed fence. Foxes aren't rife here and I think it was a cat - I have four-but I know I need to take precautions. Have popped a bin in front for tonight and will plan to add a lock in the next few days.
Can't wait for next week when I can fence off garden and add security measures.
OMG! Wish I didn't need to work full time so could spend my days making my cats and hens happier
big_smile.png

Ah well, I suppose the next 6 years will go quickly!
old.gif

@Rudies Roostno mine is defo down.to my chickens they totally plucked every stem of grass b4 I started getting my ducks if I let my ducks over my side they just come and chill if chickens come Over which they do sometimes they just start going at grass like mobile lawn mowers and digging up anything in sight ggggrrrrrr
1f47f.png
btw the cage my daisybell is stood next to is the Guinea pig cage not the chicken coop coop is full length of there side

OMG!  heard a scream tonight but thought it was one of my cats fighting! Shall I leave outside lights on?

Can I ask how peeps lock/secure the pop hole please? The run out bit has a lock but I just drop the pop hole! Scared now! :yiipchick

I just have bolts that I pop across when the door is down so they can't be lifted up. I do have the coops in a run which offers a bit more protection but don't take the chance since I lost all my birds to a fox and lock everything up on a night time.

Back
Top Bottom