UK Member Please Say HI

Hi I'm from Liverpool uk and new to the site. Just in the process of hatching 12 khaki campbell ducks I'm on day 11 and can't wait neither can the kids. Any advice would be much appreciated. Will post some pics soon of the ducklings and pen construction.
welcome to site good luck with ur hatch mine failed miserably under a broody hen they got to full size and died either trying to hatch or straight after hatching
have u candled them?

oh goody :D I cant believe how hard the shells are they are like concrete!!!!!
just out of curiosity what temperature do you have your incubator set to and dies it have moisture in it?

that's cool I think I'm gonna have a bash at doing it that way as I've got 4 Indian runners ( pure bred ) and 1 khaki Campbell 1 of the Indian runners is male
and I got 5 chickens of various breeds no male 1 of my hens went broody so I gave her duck eggs to sit on i didn't think they would be fertile let alone develop but my good old bird sat and sat until they started to hatch ( oh she chucked one out after about 11days so I guess something was wrong with that as when I candled them they all had veins )
bit like I said as they hatched they either didn't make it out of she'll or died straight after the hatch that took hours.
I was mortified and my poor hen was heartbroken believe it or not it took her a further 6 days to snap out of it and she kept looking for the chick that she had seen that hatched​

Hi I'm from Liverpool uk and new to the site. Just in the process of hatching 12 khaki campbell ducks I'm on day 11 and can't wait neither can the kids. Any advice would be much appreciated. Will post some pics soon of the ducklings and pen construction.
I'd advise that you lightly spray them with warm water everyday, until lockdown (it stimulates the duck leaving the nest for a swim and returning with wet feathers, and it moistens the shell, making it easier for them to break out).

Back
Top Bottom