UK Member Please Say HI

I am a new member too. We are in the Scottish Borders. I think the ducks are having the best time in the pond while the chickens, dogs and cats are out for the count in the shade. It is 28 degrees here in sunny Scotland.

I am a new member too. We are in the Scottish Borders. I think the ducks are having the best time in the pond while the chickens, dogs and cats are out for the count in the shade. It is 28 degrees here in sunny Scotland.

I gave my girls a little paddling pool with a frozen bottle of water in it this morning. Weather says 30 in Edinburgh, but I think it's maybe the mid 20s at the moment.

Hi all,
I’m from N.Ireland, Newtownards.
Have 3 Chickens, 1x Cream Legbar, 1x Light Sussex, 1x Vorwerk.
All healthy and giving me great eggs, been keeping them for about a year. Had a few Silkies for a bit but they all turned out to be Roosters... but that’s another story ... Ahem !
Learning lots from the forum, hopefully get to know a few of you later on.
Ta Ta for now
Cyril (AKA Shiver)

:frow:frowHi @Muts & co @Shiver
1x Cream Legbar, 1x Light Sussex, 1x Vorwerk
I love your little flock! You are the first person I've seen with Vorwerks, I have just hatched 3 little ones (under my light sussex!) and they are just adorable :love:loveI did start with a Cream Legbar egg but sadly it didnt' make it!

@PouleChick how is your chick hatching going?
I'm hoping that is it for a while now I have no more space and I'm exhausted! The 3rd broody ended up with 6 live ones who are just over a week now - the 3 Vorwerks, the tiniest bantam pekin and 2 Marans (I think a black and a blue?). Soo cute!

:frow:frowHi @Muts & co @Shiver

I love your little flock! You are the first person I've seen with Vorwerks, I have just hatched 3 little ones (under my light sussex!) and they are just adorable :love:loveI did start with a Cream Legbar egg but sadly it didnt' make it!

I'm hoping that is it for a while now I have no more space and I'm exhausted! The 3rd broody ended up with 6 live ones who are just over a week now - the 3 Vorwerks, the tiniest bantam pekin and 2 Marans (I think a black and a blue?). Soo cute!
Glad to hear ur hatching is going well
Just wondering did u buy ur vorwerks online or did u breed them urself thanx

Glad to hear ur hatching is going well
Just wondering did u buy ur vorwerks online or did u breed them urself thanx
Hi, and thank you!
I found a lovely retired man who has a gorgeous set up with Marans, Vorwerks, Bantam Pekins and Cream Legbars -it was a 1.5 hour round trip but worth it, they are all gorgeous! Will be going back to get a full clutch of CLs next time I have a broody as the 1 egg I got this time didn't make it. Are they difficult to find in Ireland?

Back
Top Bottom