UK Member Please Say HI

I decide what breed I want, then do some research to find breeders (e.g. via the breed society), then arrange with them to get a couple of fully feathered chicks or a carton of hatching eggs when they are available. I started down the hatching egg route just to satisfy the desires of one of my hens, who'd gone broody, but that is definitely my favorite route now. It avoids the risk of bringing in some dreaded lurgy, and they're integrated from day 1. Watching a broody and chicks is also my favorite pastime of all :love

Great idea. Totally agree with you on the hatchling part, it's always a nervous time when you introduce new chickens to the flock (even after isolating them for a few weeks). Thanks for the advice I'll bare that in mind when I'm searching for my new additions.

morning everyone ,lost my chickens to old age just had a mix for 6yrs ,i miss having them .im 72 and keep telling myself i,m too old to start again but then i look at the garden and it looks empty without them ,whats a girl to do ?

Hi

Im not trying to seperate this forum up but i thought it would be nice to know who and how many UK based members there are here

The main reason is then as the members in USA conduct Egg Swaps and Counrty and County based Sales and Advice then we can see who would be best to ask for local advise

So Any UK member just say Hi and state which Town/County your in

I will Start

I'm in UK, West London [Berkshire]

Hi, I'm from manchester uk we've just ordered a chicken house. Does anyone know if any chicken breeders near manchester that have a website or that deliver.

Kind regards
Jenny

Hi

Im not trying to seperate this forum up but i thought it would be nice to know who and how many UK based members there are here

The main reason is then as the members in USA conduct Egg Swaps and Counrty and County based Sales and Advice then we can see who would be best to ask for local advise

So Any UK member just say Hi and state which Town/County your in

I will Start

I'm in UK, West London [Berkshire]

Back
Top Bottom