Ukrainian eggs/Pysanky anyone?

buckabucka

Crowing
14 Years
Jan 13, 2010
Fairfield, Maine
My Coop
My Coop
These are not traditional Ukrainian egg designs, but it is a fun project and will use up some of your extra white eggs!

47066_egg_002.jpg

47066_egg_019.jpg

47066_egg_018.jpg

47066_egg_005.jpg

LOVE THEM!

I tried to tackle that project for the holidaze...
let's just admit it -too many project not enough time!

How did you get the chickens on them? I found the waxing really hard-but those eggs are wonderful!

any hints for about 3dox goose eggs?
thanks

You need a special tool called a tjanting to put the wax on with (and put the chickens on there). Are duck eggs white? That might work great, -more space to work with!

I thought the thing you put the wax on with was called a kistka? I would love to try doing this, but I don't have one of those thingies yet, or any wax
tongue.png
I'm not any good at drawing on eggs. I'd need a big ole egg to draw anything that fancy!
tongue2.gif

Oh! I stand corrected. It IS called a kistka. They call a similar tool used in batik a tjanting.
I checked out your links, Becky, and love all your bird drawings! You could definitely draw on an egg! I'm an art teacher, so I know!
big_smile.png

Thank you
big_smile.png
I guess practice makes perfect, so I better get to practicing. I have managed to draw a few birds on an egg with a sharpie. Turned out pretty good, although it would have looked better if I had the fine point ones. Sooo I guess that's a start
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom