Ultimate Waterer

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bryan Kane, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Bryan Kane

Bryan Kane Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2017
    Colorado
    Hello!

Our family has been working with chickens, ducks, and other animals for 20 plus years, and while in the upper Midwest dealt with harsh winters and what seemed to be many flawed water systems. Our flocks ranged from 6 to over 100 birds as well as other animals. As a result, I have developed a watering system that provides a list of benefits and I am requesting feedback if there would be interest, and comments for additional features you feel the market does not supply today. I am currently applying for a patent on the system and will soon offer it for sale. I am being up front in that it is not inexpensive, however this is a set it and forget it type of system which also services other small animals. Many of us will already own components necessary for the system which would reduce initial cost. There would also be options to purchase the system in modules so you can bear the cost spread over a few years. It can be scaled to a much less expensive system if you are willing to give up some features.

Capabilities include servicing 25 birds for about 1 week after filling. Dogs, goats, and other small animals have used our system simultaneously. A great option if you need a vacation without someone to service your watering system! We typically leave the system untouched for a month or more at a time. We have used our system in -20°F temps with no issues.

Heated waterer utilizing a drinking pan design rather than nipple systems.

Electric supply for heating elements only – no other electric components are part of the design.

Heating system cost can be eliminated if you are in a mild climate.

Can operate independent or simultaneous with plumbed water supply.

Uses modular and readily available parts you can purchase from any farm supply store.

BPA free, Lead Free, and ACV water approved.

Drinking water remains separate of supply water minimizing cross contamination.

Can be recovered from a frozen state in 30 minutes if there is a power or similar failure.

Top filling – no turning over waterer to fill. Ergonomic to fill and drink from.

Cleans contaminants from covered supply water.

Can be moved easily to service changing animal requirements.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Flockless Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC. Thanks for sharing your system. You may wish to include photos and create an article of the topic - I'm sure folks would find it interesting.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best

Pork Pie

sourland, rjohns39 and Farmer Connie like this.
  4. Farmer Connie

Farmer Connie Flashlight Farmers Premium Member

Feb 28, 2017
    FL. Peninsula
    My Coop
    :frow

rjohns39 and BYCforlife like this.
  5. Bryan Kane

Bryan Kane Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2017
    Colorado
    Happy to post photos etc when I am allowed. Right now the patent application must be filed before I can share - sorry. For now I am hoping for feedback if the waterer described would be in demand.

rjohns39 and BYCforlife like this.
  6. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

rjohns39 likes this.
  7. blackdust951

blackdust951 Ostrich egg

Jul 24, 2017
    NSW Australia
    My Coop
    :welcomehello:frowand welcome to backyard chickens!thank you for joining us:yesss::ya

rjohns39 likes this.
  8. rjohns39

rjohns39 Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Smith County, TN
    Hi and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've joined us:ya sounds very interesting:pop

N F C likes this.
  9. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Queen of the Coop

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Welcome to BYC!

rjohns39 likes this.
  10. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Please read more Premium Member Project Manager

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop