Ultra high temp spike

mr.majestik

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
GA
118 degrees for 5 hours. I can't believe this just happened!!!!!! For 21 days I have been nursing this bobwhite quail clutch in my LG forced air. 12 healthy eggs growing nicely and BAM! Day 20 I move them to my new Hovabator at 99.8 and leave for work. Come home and it's 118+. Not sure for how long either but I guess 5+ hours. Any chance folks?

There is no way of knowing how long they were at that temp. Maybe it's not as bad as you think. I would give them a chance. You might get lucky. After all, you have nothing to lose.

Yeah, last year I woke up to temp spike of 108 in the bator. 14 out of 15 hatched. You just never know. Maybe the spike was short lived and didn't do lot of damage.

Ya, I want to know to?
caf.gif

Does anyone know what can cause such a heat spike? At 9PM last night, my HOVA-BATOR was at 100 degrees. This morning at 6 AM it was at 124 degrees
he.gif
- and yes I lost all my eggs. Luckily this was my first "test" hatch and I started with 5 eggs, lost one the first week, but the other 4 were very happy and moving.

I was at day 15 and had some other spikes, but only to about 103. Is my incubator defective. The temperature in the house was pretty constant, no drafts, no sunlight on it...I am really frustrated and not sure if I can trust it or not.

When I found it like that, I could not get the thermostat to turn off. I unplugged in and now that I am testing it - it is working fine.

Help.....
barnie.gif

I left for a couple hours and when I came back home it was above 124 again. So, I guess it must be your first assumption, the pressure switch stuck.

My frustration is that this incubator is brand new. This was my first time using it I guess it is lucky that I was only testing a few eggs and had not bought any yet.

Back
Top Bottom