Ulysses S. Grant and The First Ladies Plus Others Pics From My Flock!

Working on recent pics from more of my flock. This is Jett, my Black Sumatra rooster. I'm hoping to get him some ladies eventually.
smile.png

He was eating cherries that had dropped off our wild cherry tree
lol.png

14550_jett2.jpg

I got a chance to visit with QA the other day. I got these pics of some of her "boys" dustbathing...

Kellogg, Polk, and a small black (I think Cochin?) cockerel. Kellogg stood up just as I went to take the pics...

Just Kellogg and Polk?
8-29-092.jpg

Nope - there's the small black cockerel's head ...
big_smile.png

8-29-091.jpg

gig.gif
That's my daughter's Black Frizzle Cochin Bantam cockerel for her Sizzle breeding project under Polk's butt!
lau.gif

The little one's name is Cackle
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Last week, Sam lost a battle with QA's cows for their feed. Silly rooster got in the way of cow hooves, I think. QA and her dh had a harder time telling my dh and I the news than we had hearing it. Sam was never really friendly as the Alpha rooster. Golden Campines are beautiful chicks, and Sam was a beautiful roo, and quite friendly as the Beta roo. I had already saved his life twice by the time he went to live on QA's farm, so he was not a stranger to pushing his limits.

Last edited:
My Dh and I went to the Mt. Hope swap on Saturday with a friend. I came home with 8 new d'Uccles!

1 pair of Black d'Uccles, 1 pair of Blue d'Uccles, 1 pair Blue Cockerel with Black Pullet d'Uccles, and 1 pair of Blue Mottled d'Uccles.

The feathers on their feet are HUGE and when I checked on them yesterday morning, I thought they were stepping on another d'Uccle....was trying to figure out who was getting smashed, until I realized I was looking at one of the blue cockerel's own feet!!!!!!!

100_7342.jpg

100_7350.jpg

100_7351.jpg

These are a few pics of the Black Langshans. They are from a local breeder in the Toronto Ohio area, and the father to these was shown at several poultry shows this year, and still being shown by the breeders friend.
100_7255.jpg

100_7248.jpg

100_7250.jpg

This is my pen of Show Quality Calls, I have both Blue Fawn and Pastels in this pen for now. The pastels will be in their own pen in time for the breeding season next spring.
14550_pastelduck.jpg

14550_pastels.jpg

Back
Top Bottom