Um... I have a weird crowing hen??

I don't know if this is related but 2 days ago my crowing hen started limping and losing balance. I assumed she has Mareks because multiple of my hens have gotten it and died. Yesterday she disappeared and I haven't seen her since. I think she went off and got eaten by a predator.

Sooo, I have a weird chicken. No doubt the weirdest chicken I have ever seen. She has never been over all healthy. She kind of sneezes but she has done that for a while. Her first rooster accidentally cut her back with his spurs so I moved her to my smaller flock that has one silkie rooster, two ducks and her. She just stopped laying eggs a few months ago. No reason just stopped. She eats the same food as all my other laying hens and my duck who lays eggs as well. And today my weird hen started crowing. Ya that is not right. She does it so often to! My roosters crow back and forth and now she is "Crowing." with them. She crows at them, she crows at me, she crows when no one is around, she crows to show off to my silkie rooster etc. Does anyone have an explanation for my crowing, non egg laying EE hen?
I have a crowing hen too. Dixie lays eggs but runs the roost like she’s the boss.

Back
Top Bottom