Um, Is This Person a Member of BYC?

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
This was strange. A Texas BYC member PMd me and said that my coop was on a Craigslist as in the DFW, TX area in someone's ad. This person wants a free chicken pen for his son. I went to the link and sure enough, My Clutch Hutch is on someone's ad! Is this person a member of BYC? Just wondering! It was just weird to see my coop in their ad. Are they saying they want something like my coop for free? What do you think I should do about it, if anything? Check it out.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/wan/657103789.html

I would reply and let them know that the coop they are looking for is very beautiful, as it belongs to you.

Take it as a great compliment. Prob isn't to much else u can do unless they trespassed to get the pic or it was copyrighted on the net.

i would email them and ask why they have a pic of your coop in their ad...that you simply find it odd and would like to understand what they are looking for.

That would be wierd to see your coop on someones ad. It looks like they are just using your coop as an example. But if you don't want them to use your coop as an example you could tell them to take the picture down.

Huh. Well, it does look like they put them in as examples of what they are looking for. You could contact them and ask if examples were the purpose for putting those two pic's up. It is a picture of your coop. Is the picture copyrighted? If not and it bothers you that they are using it without your permission, you could ask them nicely to take it off. I'm not sure you can do much else without copyright. Hopefully someone else does know. Good luck.

That would totally give me the creeps!
cool.png
In a cool kind of way.

I probably would email him... just to let him know that I knew it was there.

Definitely take it as a compliment. He used a picture of your coop as an example of what a chicken coop IS. That's pretty neat.

Does it bother you? Apart from it being a little unnerving, I mean.

Cassandra

I'd keep an eye on your coop for a while if I were you...

Also, I think it's funny that the woman hopes to get a coop as gorgeous as yours for FREE.

Back
Top Bottom