Peepshow

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 6, 2009
found this in the nests this morning

3341290321_71959846b9.jpg

here it is next to an average sized egg

3341296179_bba4896d3f.jpg

My jaw dropped open when I saw it but all the girls are just dandy (no one is walking sideways or anything LOL). We get a big egg here and there but never THIS BIG

Quote:
I havent cracked it open yet, but I am hungry. I'm going to go make an omelet and report back

lol.png

Last edited:
ep.gif
Oh my gosh! If you decide to crack it open you will need to take more pictures to show us what the shell looks like and what was in it. You got me curious...

Quote:
I havent cracked it open yet, but I am hungry. I'm going to go make an omelet and report back

lol.png

double yolker!

You know you can "blow them out" and keep the shell mostly intact right. I do that with any HUGE or tiny eggs just for fun. Take a knife or some people use a push pin and make a hole at both ends about this big o make sure you have broken through the membrane and blow it out into a bowl. Of course you wont be able to view the contents intact but I'd rather have the egg shell. My grandmother taught me how to do this and every year we paint eggs for easter. Put a twist tie through it and cut off a small branch and hang eggs all over it. I am 33 and still have some painted eggs from when I was 7!!

Quote:
I meant to say thats looks like the size of my one of my bantam chickens. Lord if they ever laid something that big I'd pass out
lol.png

lau.gif
i figured that's what you meant!

there was nothing different about the shell it was just massive and 2 full sized yolks. It's delicious

Back
Top Bottom