Um, way early hatch??

njduck

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 15, 2011
I have 54 turkey and duck eggs in a sportsmen 1502. They were do to go into lockdown this Friday. Monday I noticed a little pipping on 1 duck egg. Tuesday morning I found 1 hatched turkey hanging from the turning rack (uninjured). I hurried up and put all the eggs in hatchers. As of right now I have 22 turkeys with 3 left to hatch. I have 5 ducks hatched with 20 some to go.

Before I put the eggs in the incubator I collected them over a 7 day period. So the oldest egg was 7 days. They were stored at 55 degrees in an automatic turner How in the world did these hatch almost a 7 days ahead of schedule. I could see the first eggs which were 7 days old, but not the egg that was laid the same day put in the incubator

njduck

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 15, 2011
All on the same shelf, temp is set at 100 and it never fluctuates. Same as every other time. I check the incubator several times a day and document I just can't figure it out

njduck

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 15, 2011
Just checked about 30 minutes ago. I had a 100% hatch on the turkeys for a total of 26. I will say since I started using the hatching tray in the 1502 my hatch rate for turkeys has been awesome. In the past 3 hatches I have only had 2 eggs not hatch. I don't candle any more just put in the incubator and let it go. Now on the other hand I am hatching my ducks in an LG and only have a 60 to 70% hatch rate. Most die trying to hatch they pip and die Humidity is 70 to 80%

Top Bottom