Umbilical cord?

I didn't get any notifications on this thread. I would have just left it for a day, it doesn't look good though. How's baby today?

Can you give her raw yolk see if she'll eat? Dip your finger in it and put a tiny drip on her beak, watch her swallow and then give water using the same method. You can use a pippette as well if you have it. Just be really careful.
Good morning! I did leave it. I’ve been giving him water like you mentioned above, I will do the yolk this morning. I was just about to give the chick some electrolyte drink as well. It’s weak but still hanging in :( I don’t think this is good either. I’m so sad for the little guy and can’t help but wonder if it’s suffering. Is it his intestines?
Also, I’m not sure if I should’ve warned about a graphic pic so my apologies to anyone that I didn’t!

Good morning! I did leave it. I’ve been giving him water like you mentioned above, I will do the yolk this morning. I was just about to give the chick some electrolyte drink as well. It’s weak but still hanging in :( I don’t think this is good either. I’m so sad for the little guy and can’t help but wonder if it’s suffering. Is it his intestines?
Also, I’m not sure if I should’ve warned about a graphic pic so my apologies to anyone that I didn’t!
She may have hatched too early, her navel area isn't closed.

No need to give warning, we're used to it. Most have had to put down their own flock members, it doesn't get any more graphic then that 💔

Hi! Ok, this is what we have left after another 12 hours of drying and cutting stuff away :( is it his intestines? Is it too late to try and put them back in? I read another thread about it and I will try it, but I also don’t want this little guy to suffer anymore if I’m too late on it. He’s going on 48 hours old now I believe? This is the WORST! Thank you for listening and advice ❤️

Hi there. That is probably just some left over yolk from hatching. A couple days before hatch, chicks absorb the rest of the yolk they've been storing in the egg, that way they are filled with nutrients. I'd say unless the chick begins bleeding you should be fine! Good luck

Not good, I just buried it 😥 I don’t know what happened, chirppin’ away yesterday and trying at life - was drinking when I gave it water and I tried to feed it yolk, scrambled eggs, some electrolytes and food and this morning he was pretty quiet and not really doing much having trouble standing. Gave it some water to drink and tried to feed him, not really responsive… when I went in to check up on it it passed. Argh 💔
Thanks for everything.

Back
Top Bottom