Umm...My rooster just learned to crow from watching YouTube...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by musicmama, Jun 11, 2009.

1. musicmama

musicmama In the Brooder

Apr 25, 2009
    Our 9 week old rooster *tried* to crow about 2 weeks ago, but hasn't uttered a peep since.
    Last night we were watching youtube clips about feather clipping and I was holding him in my lap, looking at his feathers when I saw clips titled "rooster crowing" etc., and wondered what the lil guy would do if I clicked on it.

He TOTALLY perked up his head and opened his beak SEVERAL times without a sound coming out....then all of a sudden the LOUDEST squawk a doodle ever...and he kept going!!

I joked with my husband that I hoped I wasn't setting some unattainable standard by just repeatedly clicking play so the online crow was just playing over an over again.

He wouldn't stop crowing until I put him back in his pen and he realized it was night.

We got it on video. I am such a chicken nerd.

2. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Aww you should post it, it sounds really cute!

3. lux_interior

lux_interior Songster

Apr 28, 2009
    Joliet
    [​IMG]

so cute!!

4. musicmama

musicmama In the Brooder

Apr 25, 2009
    Okay...here it is.
    I posted it as a video response to the original video he uh, "learned" from..hahahaha.

5. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Oh that is adoreable!! And way too funny! He is a nice looking roo too! Thanks for sharing!

6. musicmama

musicmama In the Brooder

Apr 25, 2009
    Thanks! Hey guys, any guesses on breed? He has gray/blue legs.

Unfortunately we live in a highly urban area and have to give him up.
    He is such a sweety though.
    He and my Sultan Hen are my favorites out of the 6 we got.

It would be nice to know what kind of breed to advertise him as...

7. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    He almost looks like an orpington but I am no expert! I would try poting in the breed/gender section to see if you can get a definitive answer. Too bad you have to give him up, he is so cute!

8. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    That is the most awful crow I have ever heard!!! (and for some reason, I watched it 3 times!! [​IMG] )

9. musicmama

musicmama In the Brooder

Apr 25, 2009
    Hahaha I knoooow!
    SOO pathetic. I didn't get on video the 5 minutes or so of him stretching his neck out and opening his mouth without a peep.
    poor guy. That peer pressure really motivated him! Hahaha.

10. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Songster

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    [​IMG] That is so pathetic I [​IMG] it. Although... I got admit he sounds better then mine did at that age. They couldnt even get the full Cock a doodle doo thing. They would only get the Cock a and then stop before the doodle doo [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]. My mom always thought some one set of the car alarm. It was so funny. I would be like "mom its just Bertrum and Sunny again" [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: