Umm...My rooster just learned to crow from watching YouTube...

musicmama

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 25, 2009
Our 9 week old rooster *tried* to crow about 2 weeks ago, but hasn't uttered a peep since.
Last night we were watching youtube clips about feather clipping and I was holding him in my lap, looking at his feathers when I saw clips titled "rooster crowing" etc., and wondered what the lil guy would do if I clicked on it.

He TOTALLY perked up his head and opened his beak SEVERAL times without a sound coming out....then all of a sudden the LOUDEST squawk a doodle ever...and he kept going!!

I joked with my husband that I hoped I wasn't setting some unattainable standard by just repeatedly clicking play so the online crow was just playing over an over again.

He wouldn't stop crowing until I put him back in his pen and he realized it was night.

We got it on video. I am such a chicken nerd.

lau.gif

so cute!!

Okay...here it is.
I posted it as a video response to the original video he uh, "learned" from..hahahaha.

Thanks! Hey guys, any guesses on breed? He has gray/blue legs.

Unfortunately we live in a highly urban area and have to give him up.
He is such a sweety though.
He and my Sultan Hen are my favorites out of the 6 we got.

It would be nice to know what kind of breed to advertise him as...

He almost looks like an orpington but I am no expert! I would try poting in the breed/gender section to see if you can get a definitive answer. Too bad you have to give him up, he is so cute!

Hahaha I knoooow!
SOO pathetic. I didn't get on video the 5 minutes or so of him stretching his neck out and opening his mouth without a peep.
poor guy. That peer pressure really motivated him! Hahaha.

ep.gif
That is so pathetic I
love.gif
it. Although... I got admit he sounds better then mine did at that age. They couldnt even get the full Cock a doodle doo thing. They would only get the Cock a and then stop before the doodle doo
tongue2.gif
th.gif
barnie.gif
. My mom always thought some one set of the car alarm. It was so funny. I would be like "mom its just Bertrum and Sunny again"
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom