Umm????? When will they hatch???????????

BlueBirdChick

On Vacation
9 Years
Aug 13, 2010
Absarokee, Montana
okay due to the post offices /airport not being able to fly any packages out and had to get trucks to send out the mail. My eggs that were due to be mailed out the 29th Priority Mail and I was suppose to get them between the 1st-4th of this month but because of that delay I didnt get my eggs tell today.

Which is fine I let the seller know Im not mad I understand its not your fault its way cool
big_smile.png
anyway since they got here so late how do I mark hatching day??? Or should I count them along with my other eggs and what day those ones are on??? I know that I might or might not get chicks but Im hoping that by some miracle they will hatch?????? Wont hold my breath though. But anyway what do I do with counting???? Thanks

The count doesn't start until the eggs begin incubating - it 's not the number of days since the eggs were laid. Day 1 if you put them in the incubator before noon, day 1 is the next day if you put the eggs in the 'bator after noon.

Your post is a little confusing but I think you are asking about a staggered hatch. How long has the first eggs been in the incubator before these?

Eggs take 21 days after they go in to the incubator so the first eggs with hatch 21 days after they went in an the second eggs with hatch 21 days after they went in. Humidity an turning becomes an issue though. A second incubator just for hatching is best when doing staggered hatches.

yeah the ones i had in before are on day 9.. okay i put the ones i just got today in about 10 . OMGosh its so confusing lol... so those ones are on day one then right????????
barnie.gif

barnie.gif

hu.gif

hu.gif

tongue.png

tongue.png

tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom