Unbalanced chicken please help

klesoine

Chirping
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
I walked into the barn this morning and my favorite chicken who is 7 months old was stumbling and falling and waving on its feet. When she tries to run she is low to the ground and awkward. She seems to have lost her balance and looks like she drank too much. I isolated her and gave her electolytes and vitamin soaked mash with some hard boiled egg. She ate very well and continued to lurch around. Is there something else I should be doing? Nothing has been added to the bedding which is pine shavings and the hay & straw on the floor of the barn outside the coop which they all have access to. I considered that the de-icer I used to free the door might have been on my boots and tracked in and that's a devastating thought but if she's poisoned, can I help her in any other way?

Last edited:
I've heard of 3 people with that problem, The one that lived this is what they did. kept her feed,water, warm and propped up in a box . it took 2 weeks for her to come back, the hen is back to normal. sounds like a lot of TLC

Back
Top Bottom