Unbranded ebay incubator??

i am on my 3rd try with this incubator. keeps cutting off on or about day 16. I will be trying to contact the man for a refund. just bought it in September 2018. I would NOT recommend this unit

I have one like the 56 with the auto candler...... the cNdler is not overly functional if all the slots are not full it is difficult to see because of the excess light , even with all the slots full I had trouble seeing past day 10 maybe..... I learned to put down shelf liner to hatch, kept the fan and Hester clean. I learned where the hot spots where..... rotation helps some
Lots of extra thermometers 4-5 to help keep an eye on temps.... after the first 4 hatches mine would get hot and I spend extra time babysitting it..... the humidity c as p as city ape as rd to be 50% or high...... no combo of filling a single water trough will let it get any lower here in Colorado...
When I got my brinsea I went to using it as a hatcher with mixed results...... I finally found a styrofoam unit and retired my unbranded one...
So recap needs extra precautions at lockdown, thin plastic case will fluctuate temps( I kept a blanket over mine to help hold temps), thermometer problems on mine seems to be hard glued at one level so when eggs are in the turner(loved the turner the egg size worked even with jumbo eggs) the probe was at the right height when I removed the turner for lockdown the eggs were lower th as n the probe and a thermometer st egg level showed the temps got hotter.....
If you can fix a decent bator for the same price???? Fix the decent one and go forward...... I finally bit the bullet Aug 2017 and bought the brinsea ex auto 56 all I can say is the difference is night and day, I love my brinsea!

I have one like the 56 with the auto candler...... the cNdler is not overly functional if all the slots are not full it is difficult to see because of the excess light , even with all the slots full I had trouble seeing past day 10 maybe..... I learned to put down shelf liner to hatch, kept the fan and Hester clean. I learned where the hot spots where..... rotation helps some
Lots of extra thermometers 4-5 to help keep an eye on temps.... after the first 4 hatches mine would get hot and I spend extra time babysitting it..... the humidity c as p as city ape as rd to be 50% or high...... no combo of filling a single water trough will let it get any lower here in Colorado...
When I got my brinsea I went to using it as a hatcher with mixed results...... I finally found a styrofoam unit and retired my unbranded one...
So recap needs extra precautions at lockdown, thin plastic case will fluctuate temps( I kept a blanket over mine to help hold temps), thermometer problems on mine seems to be hard glued at one level so when eggs are in the turner(loved the turner the egg size worked even with jumbo eggs) the probe was at the right height when I removed the turner for lockdown the eggs were lower th as n the probe and a thermometer st egg level showed the temps got hotter.....
If you can fix a decent bator for the same price???? Fix the decent one and go forward...... I finally bit the bullet Aug 2017 and bought the brinsea ex auto 56 all I can say is the difference is night and day, I love my brinsea!
Can I have your unbranded Chinese incubator since you're not using it anymore? Thanks.

I would never advise anyone to purchase an unbranded Chinese incubator. Not only are they not reliable in regard to temperature and humidity, they are serious fire hazards. Many have had them spontaneously catch fire in their homes, it's simply not worth it. That goes for the large ones and the copycat they do of the Brinsea Mini 8 or whatever number it is.

You can get a still-air GQF HovaBator 1602n for $70, and they are a stable, well-respected brand with many years of history behind them. You can get one with a fan and turner for a little more than $100 and be fully set, too. And they are often available secondhand on Facebook Marketplace for around $40, fully equipped.

Back
Top Bottom