Underground RR Quilt Block

How fitting
big_smile.png
got you down

Yayyy! This is going to be so much fun!!! I love the fact that you used to own a quilt shop!!! Can't wait to see what you do!

I would like to do the boat. Oh Jacobs ladder is the bottom left block so it is in Elanor Burns Under ground Rail road book and quilt as this quilt was made from that. My DD just had her triplets so I hope we have a long time before the blocks are due.

Just a note. If for some unforeseen reason we don't have 12 participants, I can make 2. I doubt that will be the case, but thought I would put it out there. I'm going to go shopping for my material this week!!! I LOVE to buy material!!!!
jumpy.gif
ok, great yes in the past we have had some to sign up for more than one set. Yes I love to go shopping for fabric too, so much fabric so little cash
barnie.gif
I am finishing up a log cabin batik lap quilt, I'll have to post a pic

I would like to do the boat. Oh Jacobs ladder is the bottom left block so it is in Elanor Burns Under ground Rail road book and quilt as this quilt was made from that. My DD just had her triplets so I hope we have a long time before the blocks are due.
Congrats and we need to see pics we love pics, yes I like EB what are the other blocks names on the quilt? These blocks are due Dec.1st and have you down for the boat

Unfortunately DD and her DH do not want me to post pictures online. The triplets were spontaneous and are all girls. They are premature and 2 are needing intubation for breathing and parental feeding into their blood stream but the other one is doing good without that support. They are expected to be at the hospital about 1 month depending on their progress.

All my blocks came from Elanore Burns book Under Ground Rail Road. I will try and dig it up.

Unfortunately DD and her DH do not want me to post pictures online. The triplets were spontaneous and are all girls. They are premature and 2 are needing intubation for breathing and parental feeding into their blood stream but the other one is doing good without that support. They are expected to be at the hospital about 1 month depending on their progress.

All my blocks came from Elanore Burns book Under Ground Rail Road. I will try and dig it up.

We can respect that and when you can post pics we would love to see them, and we will keep them in our prayers.

I am in, I want to try the carpenters wheel, my problem is my sewing machine died. I have ordered another one should be in next week, so I can't try out the pattern I designed for the block. So if it is okay I'll sign up for carpenters wheel now, next week I'll give my pattern a go and if I don't think I can do it, I'll rechoose out of what is left. Is that okay?

I had an idea of what I wanted for fabric for the carpenters wheel, and went to the store today to see what was available, and while I didn't get my exact vision for fabric, what I ended up getting I absolutely love for this block!!!!

I was thinking wood grain or stripes that might mimic wood grain. That wasn't available, but I found two tan a dark and a medium w/ "woodsy" type patterning. One like a thatch pattern and the other like a fall grassy field. Then I thought a fussy cut butterfly would be cool for the squares in the block, I found a butterfly pattern small enough and the colors didn't clash they were brightish but such small amounts it looked okay w/ the other colors, then I went down the next isle and the angels sung!!!!!! There was a perfect light grey background w/ white outline sillohette type butterfly patterning, not highly detailed. The fourth fabric I got from my stash w/ a continued woodsy theme.

Back
Top Bottom