Unemployment Benefits

This has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, but I couldn't help myself. I had to post it.

lau.gif
gig.gif
bow.gif

Dead thread!

I see where the Defense Department is letting a lot of people go. This will not end well.

I also see where people are standing in line to shop at empty supermarkets in Venezuela. Also, the government of Argentina has frozen prices of groceries. Governments can confiscate businesses and sell the goods cheaply, but when those goods are gone, what then? They can do the same with warehouses and supply depots, but when that is gone do they move onto farms?

Farms don't produce unless people work them. Who is going to work if they only get paid in a worthless currency?

I foresee high unemployment and a scarcity of goods in our future. No matter how much money the government pumps into the economy, it will only make the situation worse. And no matter how much money they drop into those food stamp accounts those people will not be able to buy the food they need. They will not be denied. We will have a real problem.

I also see where people are standing in line to shop at empty supermarkets in Venezuela. Also, the government of Argentina has frozen prices of groceries. Governments can confiscate businesses and sell the goods cheaply, but when those goods are gone, what then? They can do the same with warehouses and supply depots, but when that is gone do they move onto farms?

Farms don't produce unless people work them. Who is going to work if they only get paid in a worthless currency?

I foresee high unemployment and a scarcity of goods in our future. No matter how much money the government pumps into the economy, it will only make the situation worse. And no matter how much money they drop into those food stamp accounts those people will not be able to buy the food they need. They will not be denied. We will have a real problem.

Do you mean this poster isn't true ?

Quote: But it was on the internet so it must be true right.

Mussolini said that paper never refuses ink. Eventually, reality will sink in. They cannot talk the nation out of a depression. The stock market is the place people see as safer than cash. That is why it is still doing better. But, we have to ask ourselves, who is putting all of that money into the market? Arabs, Chinese, just who? Who has money to invest nowdays?

Who is buying all of the gold and silver? Who is buying all of the stolen copper and cast iron manhole covers?

Robin..how many weeks is unemployment paying for now? 20 something weeks? Any extensions? Just wondering cause hubby might be getting laid off too..:-/

Back
Top Bottom