Unexpected Colors

Looks like a black shouldered male and a B S pattern male that looks like purple and a black shoulder hen maybe purple ... could tell more if I knew what the parents are or what they came from ... Purple male should come from a purple male or one split to purple and a purple hen. Other options are bronze and the parents will need to be split to bronze and black shoulder. Can all look like India blue. all are black shoulder pattern and the hen is also a Sipel ( Siple ) pattern on her front..

how old are they? I just posted the exact same question about what was supposed to be a bs hen, but she looks like your hen there, the lighter one. but with a bit of the dark color from the lighter male. i thought mine might be mixed with purple from looking at other picts.

Maybe the mix just came out alittle different in these ones than previous hatches.
here's our rose at about 5 1/2 months old.

she doesn't like the camera so its hard to get a good pict of her. but that dark purple/blue color is all around the top of her neck now. i have no idea if it will spread down or what.
i hope someone has a more educated idea of what they are. but i think they're all different percent mixes of bs and purple.

and sorry the bs male in the first pict looks to me to be just alot more bs. our bs male looks just like him. i have no really good picts. but here's our bs male at about 5 months. he's about 5.5 weeks now and has alot more color.

Send them to me, and when they are all grown up I'll let you know what they are (after I post pics and ask everyone else first...)
big_smile.png

Send them to me, and when they are all grown up I'll let you know what they are (after I post pics and ask everyone else first...)
big_smile.png
LOL! I have already had a couple of those offers!

autumnmfisher, yours does look like a normal purple blackshoulder would (although I cannot make out the neck color). One of the three above definitely looks like a purple blackshoulder hen, or she is getting there anyway. The other two are odd. The one with the color does not look "purple" enough and the other is much darker than expected.

In another couple of months we will know if there is someting wierd going on with one of the breeder hens.

If they have any green blood in them, it will affect the intensity of the colour. The one in the top pic on the left looks IB blackshoulder, the other two purple blackshoulder, one male, one female. I hatched out some Spalding blackshoulder split to cameo males and one of the four almost looks like it carries more cameo in it making it look like a male red buff.

Back
Top Bottom