Unexpected helpful tool

Oh, such a shame, but perhaps that bob cat did you a favour!

Will you get another rooster? If you do I recommend you go to a farm or rescue place, and choose you own. You can then see what his personality is like before you get him.

That calming down with age was what I was planning on. Unfortunately, he became lunch to a bobcat today.... Ironic, since he has been driving me nuts for quite awhile, and I had just gotten into a relatively smooth routine with him and was even feeling a bit fond of him for all his moxy. I already miss that incessant crowing....

Oh, dear! I'm sorry about that. It was his job, though. Roosters often sacrifice themselves in the protection of their hens. Were any of them harmed? If not, he did what he was there for. Hopefully, your next one will be a good protector and you won't need to carry around a bunch of wire.

OH! What a shame... Roosters can be such a pain... but beautiful and kinda sweet too. Sorry for you and your girls (hens).
sad.png

Thanks everyone... I definitely feel both sadness and relief. He was a truly magnificent creature to behold, all golden yellow in the bright green meadows.... The hens were safely enclosed in their predator proof coop at the time, and I'm not sure they even saw it -- usually they FREAK out if anything at all unusual happens, but there weren't any loose feathers in the coop and they were all calm as can be and have been laying fine. He was pretty rough on them...hopefully they didn't cheer...

I'm not sure yet if I'll get another roo. I love the sustainability factor, lack of outsourcing and flock dynamics, but I do hate it when they prove hard to live with...

Back
Top Bottom