Unexplained rooster death - murder mystery?

If you had a wool blanket over the carrier while he was in there, he most likely over heated and died. It will happens fast.
Yeah it wasn’t covering the side air vents, just the back and the front gate. Also it’s middle of winter here. Nights hover around 1-2 degrees C.

I would suspect the no-crow collar to be the cause. He may have aspirated some of the contents of his crop.
Most likely he knocked the top off and spilled out when in the midst of death throes.

I would suspect the no-crow collar to be the cause. He may have aspirated some of the contents of his crop.
Most likely he knocked the top off and spilled out when in the midst of death throes.
That was certainly a theory. Do you think death throes be enough force to unhinge a clipped lid (in 3 places) and upturn it (see pic)?

That was certainly a theory. Do you think death throes be enough force to unhinge a clipped lid (in 3 places) and upturn it (see pic)?
Yes, I've had meat birds that were squeezed into a killing cone launch out and land 15 feet away. Death throes can be quite explosive.

I know a lot of people use these techniques to keep roosters from crowing, but truly, that's just not a good way to keep an animal. A number of posters here have accidentally killed their boys with those damn collars. Seems to me if one can't deal with crowing, then they probably shouldn't try to keep a rooster.

Sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom