Unhatched chicks 4 look fully developed

Jun 8, 2020
Tillsonburg, Ont, Canada
Can someone tell me or explain what might have happened. Started with 30 eggs ...day 7 removed 9 after candled as no development....which left 21. 16 of these hatched 7 had spradle legs so I treated them 6 are doing great now and supports are off 1 looks like developing wry neck ....been giving vitamins to all chicks in water. I have the 1 separated....this left 5 eggs which by day 24 should have hatched so I checked them and proceeded opening 1 at a time 4 look developed but did not finish absorbing yolk sac and 1 not fully developed. Pics attached these are what I am wondering about also my chicks that hatched were 2 days early.

Attachments

• 20201228_171419.jpg
    20201228_171419.jpg
    509 KB · Views: 26
That's an awful lot of defects in one hatch.
What kind of incubator?
What temps and humidity?
And most important, did you calibrate the thermometer and hygrometer?

That's an awful lot of defects in one hatch.
What kind of incubator?
What temps and humidity?
And most important, did you calibrate the thermometer and hygrometer?
These were eggs I bought 8 were not fertilized out of 30 so not impressed there . I have IncuView incubator and was calibrated to 99.5 f. I have used this incubator before and this was by far worse hatch usually I have 95 percent with no straddle legs. Also my first chick with wry neck ( which just died)

These were eggs I bought 8 were not fertilized out of 30 so not impressed there . I have IncuView incubator and was calibrated to 99.5 f. I have used this incubator before and this was by far worse hatch usually I have 95 percent with no straddle legs. Also my first chick with wry neck ( which just died)
Hmm, maybe it's genetic? I'm sorry about you chicks.

Back
Top Bottom