Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chrispbrown27, Jul 24, 2014.
Recently someone told me that unhatched eggs are poisonous to dogs.....has anyone ever heard this?
Is it rotting? To be on the safe side I wouldn't feed eggs that have been sitting under a broody that long. But maybe someone else has done it and it's perfectly safe. Hope they chime in.
No. I imagine it would depend on how "ripe" they are. If they have been sitting around dead in the heat for several days and stink to high heaven I would think they would be full of bacteria. Of course, I have seen dogs eat some pretty stinking stuff. If the eggs are unhatched just out of the incubator and developed enough to know they only died a few days ago, I think they are still edible for dogs.