Unincorporated McHenry County, IL. Anyone out there?

I live in the city of McHenry IL and I am interested in joining a group of chicken owners that want to actively change the zoning laws so that Mchenry citizens can keep chickens.

Last edited:
I live in the city of McHenry IL and I am interested in joining a group of chicken owners that want to actively change the zoning laws so that Mchenry citizens can keep chickens.
A few years ago, a McHenry resident, Adrian Plante, tried to change the rules in the city of McHenry. I'm not exactly sure of the details on how it turned out for him. He would have the most knowledge of the ordinance change for the city of McHenry. The county is involved in rewriting all of their ordinances. Currently the language to allow backyard chickens is in the updated draft. If the county successfully changes the rules, then the incorporated areas may soon follow. Myself along with many others have been working towards this change for a few years. Keep checking the "McHenry County UDO" website. There will be public meetings and reviews of the draft ordinance as they move forward. Anything else, let me know.

-Andy

Hello! We are in Unincorporated McHenry... just moved recently and am interested in the ordinance change!

Back
Top Bottom