Unincorporated McHenry County, IL. Anyone out there?

skalskoz

Chirping
11 Years
Mar 8, 2011
Unincorp. Cary, Mchenry County
Please contact me if you live in unincorporated Mchenry County, IL. We are starting to gather support for an attempt at an ordinance change. Please if you live in this area and are willing to help, reply to this post or send me a message. Thank you so much!
-Andy

Hi!

1) My friend Adrian Plante is working with a group in the village of McHenry IL to change the ordinances there, and has contacts w/several folks in McHenry County as well.

You may contact him via his group's Facebook page: "Chicago Land Urban Chicken Keepers CLUCK McHenry Illinois" at...
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=146187655391713&v=wall
- Make sure to join the group and post your request. I know there are some folks in Woodstock who are very interested as well.

2) While you're on Facebook, visit a neighboring group: "Round Lake IL Area - Chicago Land Urban Chicken Keepers (CLUCK)" at
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roun...d-Urban-Chicken-Keepers-CLUCK/167144703338419
- Please hit "Like" while you're there, then post your request again.

Both groups have members in McHenry and Lake Counties, and you'll discover that the BYC Community is very supportive (i.e.: "You help me with my community, I'll help you with yours..."). As you find like-minded area residents, please point them to both groups; numbers are an important tool.

"We're all in this together". The more that individual municipalities succeed in pro-BYC sentiment and ordinances, the easier it becomes for others nearby.

Thank you fuzzyham. Myself and "annainwoodstock" are trying to figure all of this stuff out. Both her and I live in unincorporated Mchenry County. I think the whole lot of us need to get together and join forces. I think there are a bunch of people, locally especially, that need to just get together and make a game plan. I'm just trying to have more people come across my post to round up support of people actually in unincorporated Mchenry County who share the same problems that we do. As of right now, I am scheduled to work during that May 17th meeting but I will try to be there. Also, I will try to make it to the next green drinks but once again, I am scheduled to be working. Thanks for the help.

-Andy

There is a group of us showing the documentary "Mad City Chickens" at McHenry County College in Crystal Lake. The Screening will be on June 28th at 7:00pm in the Conference Center. There will also be a presentation and a Q and A session. Please join us for the evening and show your support. This event is sponsored by: The Environmental Defenders of McHenry County, MCC Lou Marchi Total Recycling Institute, and McHenry County Transition. Thank you in advance for attending.

-Andy

Hi,
We operate and outlaw poultry ranch in Richmond.. I bought some bumperstickers from Anna and proudly display them on my vehicle!
Is there anything happening in our neck of the woods? I will gladly be a point of contact if there are other Richmond-Spring Grove-ers, etc who want to band together!
Thanks so much,
Brenda

my brother raises chickens for laying and now he has to go to court on the 23rd of april and has been told he has to get rid of them I would love to see some of ,you show up in support of him .The fresh eggs he gets are so tasty and free of antibiotics and all the other crap you get in store bought eggs.He goes to court in woodstock on Monday because he wants his say before he gets rid of his chickens, whom he has named because they are like pets to him

So I just got off the phone with Darrel in planning and development and he was super nice and gave me a bunch of info in regards to the unified delvelopnent ordinance draft.

The first meeting with the zoning board of appeals who over look the draft set forward by the village will be on sept. 19,20,and 26,27th this is for administrators of the county but before the meeting the public can voice their opinions. After a second draft is made there will be a public meeting which has not been set yet. We can voice our opinions now by emailing the county board members. The head member is Tina Hill who can be found the the county web site. We can also check the progress of everything going on at camiros.com/mchenrycoudo if you have any othe questions let me know I will be in touch with them as this goes on. Hope this give all of us a little hope as to finally getting this changed.

Back
Top Bottom