uninspired and need to spout

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Crusty McPottydoodle, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    Every Sunday for my English Lit class, I am supposed to submit a journal entry based on what interests me about the week's readings.

Last week was easy. We had a story to read that at least gave me a strong reaction (even though it was negative).

This week we had a bunch of poems - most of them are about abuse. I am having a really hard time with them. Feeling quite numb and I know that it is my own stuff bubbling up and I now that my mind has decided it needs to protect itself. It really bothers me that it is creating a barrier to me successfully completing my assignment and it bothers me that I am having such a hard time getting through that barrier.

ARGH!

The stupid part is that I only need to write about 500 words, but I can't seem to get past about 250.

Maybe a nice cup of tea might help.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Tea with a little sumthin sumthin in it.

3. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    i think you should write exactly why it is a hard subject for you.. and how it brings up unwanted memories.

4. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    Okay, that's it. 311 words. It still spans just about a whole page and I am just SO done with this. It is worth less than 1% of my entire mark, so I have no idea why I am busy stressing over it, when I have an essay to hand in tomorrow night that is worth 15%.

Obviously, I have my priorities straight as always.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Now to agonise over the next writing assignment.

Why is it they let you know you have an essay due 3 weeks into class, but only give you the details needed 1 week prior? Both my English Lit instructor AND my History instructor did this.

5. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG]........... I would also tell your teachers that giving the details one week prior is soo not good enough.! ..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by