uninspired and need to spout

Crusty McPottydoodle

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 14, 2009
The Wet Coast
Every Sunday for my English Lit class, I am supposed to submit a journal entry based on what interests me about the week's readings.

Last week was easy. We had a story to read that at least gave me a strong reaction (even though it was negative).

This week we had a bunch of poems - most of them are about abuse. I am having a really hard time with them. Feeling quite numb and I know that it is my own stuff bubbling up and I now that my mind has decided it needs to protect itself. It really bothers me that it is creating a barrier to me successfully completing my assignment and it bothers me that I am having such a hard time getting through that barrier.

ARGH!

The stupid part is that I only need to write about 500 words, but I can't seem to get past about 250.

Maybe a nice cup of tea might help.

Okay, that's it. 311 words. It still spans just about a whole page and I am just SO done with this. It is worth less than 1% of my entire mark, so I have no idea why I am busy stressing over it, when I have an essay to hand in tomorrow night that is worth 15%.

Obviously, I have my priorities straight as always.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Now to agonise over the next writing assignment.

Why is it they let you know you have an essay due 3 weeks into class, but only give you the details needed 1 week prior? Both my English Lit instructor AND my History instructor did this.

hugs.gif
........... I would also tell your teachers that giving the details one week prior is soo not good enough.! ..

Back
Top Bottom