Unique looking 24wk old EE roo?

geowoman

Songster
7 Years
Feb 23, 2013
Magnolia, TX
I bought this guy/gal with six other pullets at 12wks of age. They were supposed to be all pullets. S(he) has started crowing this week when the coop is opened in the morning and now today during the day. While I understand that hens can crow, esp in the absence of a roo, I don't know if they do it so early? And do roos start so late??

Then I started to notice the tail feathers, the neck feathers, that she's much larger than my other EEs the same age, the crazy look in her eye... ;) I think she's a he. Whaddya think?? She/he's the one with the unique coloring and green tail.

Looking at him now it is SO OBVIOUS! It's funny how our brain won't let us see things we don't want to see. I think he's fantastic and should be a great addition to the flock. I just hope my neighbors feel the same way. :)

He's really beautiful! I'm glad that you will embrace him, boyness and all, and accept him as he is. Isn't that what we all strive for, anyway?

Looking at him now it is SO OBVIOUS! It's funny how our brain won't let us see things we don't want to see. I think he's fantastic and should be a great addition to the flock. I just hope my neighbors feel the same way.
smile.png

I've noticed that I see chicken traits more clearly in photos than in person!

He's always been my favorite of the flock and comes running to me. As long as he continues to be a good boy and not mess with my 2 and 4 yo girls we'll all be one happy family! Should I change his name from Liz Lemmon to something else?? Haha

Back
Top Bottom