University of California Egg Study

Ron I am wondering what the state might do ig toxins are found in backyard flocks.
Knowing how Cali does things.
They might try to ban people from having backyard flocks and make them buy for the state at a outrageous price!
Hopefully it could have the opposite effect.

Ron I am wondering what the state might do ig toxins are found in backyard flocks.
Knowing how Cali does things.
They might try to ban people from having backyard flocks and make them buy for the state at a outrageous price!
The State knows that there are toxins that get into the eggs in parts of the state. There is low level radiation in some soil here.

I expect that they will not find toxins in the eggs though

I read a news story about an egg Study to see if backyard chicken eggs are picking up toxins and poisons in backyard chicken flocks from the environment.

Backyard Chicken Egg Study

Live in California? Have backyard chickens?

Then we want you to participate in our backyard chicken egg study!
The UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine (UCD SVM) is providing free egg contaminant testing for backyard chicken owners in the state of California. We are testing eggs for two different types of contaminants, depending on what county you live in.

Results will be shared individually with each owner, and cumulative results will be summarized and made available to the general public.

http://ucanr.edu/sites/poultry/Egg_Contaminant_Testing/

I have decided to join the Study by sending in a sample!

This thread is for documenting the journey. Anyone want to follow along?
Wish Louisiana was doing this, LSU ag could do it easily, I would think. Great idea, can't wait to see the results. Thanks for sharing.

My route to the drop off!

Med center route.JPG

I read a news story about an egg Study to see if backyard chicken eggs are picking up toxins and poisons in backyard chicken flocks from the environment.

Backyard Chicken Egg Study

Live in California? Have backyard chickens?

Then we want you to participate in our backyard chicken egg study!
The UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine (UCD SVM) is providing free egg contaminant testing for backyard chicken owners in the state of California. We are testing eggs for two different types of contaminants, depending on what county you live in.

Results will be shared individually with each owner, and cumulative results will be summarized and made available to the general public.

http://ucanr.edu/sites/poultry/Egg_Contaminant_Testing/

I have decided to join the Study by sending in a sample!

This thread is for documenting the journey. Anyone want to follow along?
. After study were going to see all egg cartons labeled " eggs have been found by the state of California to be cancer causing."

Back
Top Bottom