A chicken will always remember the egg
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
My Coop
I read a news story about an egg Study to see if backyard chicken eggs are picking up toxins and poisons in backyard chicken flocks from the environment.

Backyard Chicken Egg Study

Live in California? Have backyard chickens?

Then we want you to participate in our backyard chicken egg study!
The UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine (UCD SVM) is providing free egg contaminant testing for backyard chicken owners in the state of California. We are testing eggs for two different types of contaminants, depending on what county you live in.

Results will be shared individually with each owner, and cumulative results will be summarized and made available to the general public.

http://ucanr.edu/sites/poultry/Egg_Contaminant_Testing/

I have decided to join the Study by sending in a sample!

This thread is for documenting the journey.

Last edited:
I read a news story about an egg Study to see if backyard chicken eggs are picking up toxins and poisons in backyard chicken flocks from the environment.

Backyard Chicken Egg Study

Live in California? Have backyard chickens?

Then we want you to participate in our backyard chicken egg study!
The UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine (UCD SVM) is providing free egg contaminant testing for backyard chicken owners in the state of California. We are testing eggs for two different types of contaminants, depending on what county you live in.

Results will be shared individually with each owner, and cumulative results will be summarized and made available to the general public.

http://ucanr.edu/sites/poultry/Egg_Contaminant_Testing/

I have decided to join the Study by sending in a sample!

This thread is for documenting the journey. Anyone want to follow along?
. After study were going to see all egg cartons labeled " eggs have been found by the state of California to be cancer causing."

I got a confirmation email from the Study tonight:

Hi all,

Thank you for submitting eggs to our Backyard Egg Study! This email is just to inform you that we have received your eggs. We will be processing them within the next few days then submitting to the lab. Please note, if you submitted more than 6 eggs, we will only be processing 6 of them. We expect the results to come back within the next few weeks, but that depends on the lab and how many samples they are receiving (not just from our project). As soon as we have results, either Dr. Maurice Pitesky or Dr. Birgit Puschner will be contacting you regarding the results and what those results mean!

Of course that would skew the results and possibly render the results useless. I doubt the researchers are part of any government plot, maybe they deserve the benefit of a doubt.
As the result of sending a couple birds in for necropsy to UCD, I get their monthly newsletter highlighting their studies, etc. They are like any research institution. They have cases of animal disease they are required to report, but otherwise, they are working toward "betterment" not "banishment".

I'll follow along. The results will be very interesting. :thumbsup
I know!

Luckily I get to drop the eggs off on the other side of the UC Davis campus where I work. I have a dozen here in my Office and will drop them off during my lunch break

Back
Top Bottom