Unknown black 'easter egger'

Gingasnap

In the Brooder
Aug 3, 2020
So, a few months ago I bought some chicks at the local tractor supply. They were advertised as easter egger pullets, but as time went on some turned out to be male, another a Delaware, and two more are CCLBs (i know they lay colored eggs, but not what I was expecting lol)

Now Im sort of curious about this girl I have. She's a gorgeous bird, way bigger than the others and almost entirely black except for some silver streaks on her head. Her skin and legs are also black which I find kind of odd. Is she an easter egger? Or is she another breed? Id love to hear just so I know what to expect when she's fully grown. She's currently about 2 months old
20210709_202502.jpg

Attachments

• 20210709_202456.jpg
    20210709_202456.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 20210709_202457.jpg
    20210709_202457.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 87
Also your CCLB could still be Easter eggers rather than purebreds. That’s actually more likely as the actual thing is expensive and Hoover’s Hatchery actually has a new line of Easter Eggers this year that uses CCLB in their heritage. Which would explain if yours are created or single combed or whatever. They’re probably all EEs with the CCLB lineage.

Also your CCLB could still be Easter eggers rather than purebreds. That’s actually more likely as the actual thing is expensive and Hoover’s Hatchery actually has a new line of Easter Eggers this year that uses CCLB in their heritage. Which would explain if yours are created or single combed or whatever. They’re probably all EEs with the CCLB lineage.
That sounds pretty likely! One of my 'CCLB' girls is starting to grow in a single comb and no crest of any sort. The other has a crest and single comb though. They have very EE colors as well

That sounds pretty likely! One of my 'CCLB' girls is starting to grow in a single comb and no crest of any sort. The other has a crest and single comb though. They have very EE colors as well
I bet that’s what they are then! 😊

Here is the page on that but obviously looks can vary so they may not look like the pic. But the description has some info.

https://hoovershatchery.com/easteregger.html

They do also have another line of Easter Eggers that they call “Americanas” that are the more traditional bears, muffs, pea comb, etc. and several other EE type breeds. Here are the other ones. There are a lot 😂

You could maybe look through some of the pictures and descriptions and see if any sound like your birds.

Your blue girl could possibly be a Sapphire Olive Egger although the picture is a lighter shade of blue and doesn’t have the streaks but I’m sure they vary.

But here.

https://hoovershatchery.com/colored-eggs.html

Back
Top Bottom