Unknown breed of bantam

It does bear a classic look, which makes things harder. ;) Definitely not a Silkie (skin would be black, legs would be feathered, and an extra toe on each foot), and not a Japanese (these have distinctively short, squatty little legs), though. :)

~Alex

Thank you all. I think I may have figured out the gender of this one. It’s probably a cockerel! So far it has done its best to defend the others while they are terrified. I lowered my earphones into their area and they freaked out and hid except for 1: the mystery chick. That one ran up and tried to fight off the headphones. It was hilarious.

You're very welcome! :D
Possibly, since bantams are straight run (minus those from MPC) and there's a 50/50 chance. :) Confidence doesn't necessarily point to cockerel, though, some young pullets are as brave as they come. :lol: A lot of my boys were the most gentle, meek little fluffballs. ;)

~Alex

You're very welcome! :D
Possibly, since bantams are straight run (minus those from MPC) and there's a 50/50 chance. :) Confidence doesn't necessarily point to cockerel, though, some young pullets are as brave as they come. :lol: A lot of my boys were the most gentle, meek little fluffballs. ;)

~Alex
It’s for sure a boy! All the wing feathers are straight and we saw some more cock behavior today.

Going to have to wait a while on this one. Being clean legged narrows down the possibility's some but its hard to say for sure at this age.
I agree. 5/6 weeks is when the feathering comes in really nicely and we should be able to get a good idea by then; we can really only make guesses for now :confused:

Does this help narrow it down: today I spotted a little brown dot on the top of his head, the wing feathers are growing in white, and I think I see the start of some black feathering around the eyes.

Leghorn or Modern Game? So far there is no comb, its just flat space where it is supposed to be
IMG_1756.JPG
IMG_1749.JPG

Back
Top Bottom