Unknown disease

Mutiso

Hatching
Nov 13, 2023
Hello all, I keep Holland turkeys and a young bronze hen about 5months old.I keep them separate coz the Holland pair bully the bronze hen and I found that they had bullied her till they tore into her head and she was bleeding.i wiped the blood off her head and separated her from the rest.I also noticed that her head was turning green,but she's feeding well and drinking water okay.There doesn't seem to be any pain when I touch the head or neck.what could be the problem please?I don't want to loose her.

Hello all, I keep Holland turkeys and a young bronze hen about 5months old.I keep them separate coz the Holland pair bully the bronze hen and I found that they had bullied her till they tore into her head and she was bleeding.i wiped the blood off her head and separated her from the rest.I also noticed that her head was turning green,but she's feeding well and drinking water okay.There doesn't seem to be any pain when I touch the head or neck.what could be the problem please?I don't want to lose her.
As @Molpet said, green is the color of bruising in turkeys.

Back
Top Bottom