Unknown ducklings!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by LittleVincey, Oct 3, 2014.

1. LittleVincey

LittleVincey New Egg

Oct 3, 2014
    Victoria, Australia
    [​IMG]
    Hi everyone, hoping for some help identifying my ducklings. I bought a dozen white eggs and a dozen blue from a lady at a market (she didn't know what they were) and thought I'd try incubating them. I now have 16 adorable babies :)
    Does anyone recognise these breeds or is it too soon to tell what they are? Thanks :)

2. Crazykitten

Crazykitten Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2014
    at least one of those looks like a Wood Duckling...you certainly got a mixture lol Maybe another is a pekin?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  3. Orca5094

Orca5094 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2014
    Sweden
    Here's my guesses: The black one in the front is a Cayuga, the yellow in back is possibly a Pekin, back right corner looks like a Mallard. The other yellow one I'm not sure since it has that dark bill. Back left I have no idea.

Hopefully some others will chime in with their thoughts. You certainly got a fun little variety of ducklings there! :)

4. Crazykitten

Crazykitten Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2014
    the front one could be a muscovy, it looks very similar to my ducklings...

5. Quackers Mama

Quackers Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2014
    Houston, TX
    The yellow one laying down in the front looks just like my Quackers whose a Muscovy when she was a baby.
    [​IMG]

I think you might actually have a couple of muscovies (but I'm not an expert). Try posting the picture in the Muscovy thread. :)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  6. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    You have what is called the adorable breed of duckling. That one in the back left looks muscovy and the back right is definitely a mallard. The brown one in front looks like a khaki Campbell and the yellow one with the pink bill looks Pekin. I think the one with the blue bill might be buff or maybe even Ayelsbury. I'm guessing though. Definitely one mallard, 100% sure on that one.

7. astronomer

astronomer Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2014
    The yellow with the blue bill looks like my buff ducklings.
    That back right is a mallard or rouen (really they are the same except for size)
    The middle yellow looks like a peking to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by